STEP 3: AGENT OR NO AGENT?
Most renters today work with a real estate agent rather than go at it alone for many reasons. In most cases, your home is your most valuable asset, and it makes sense to use a professional. A great real estate professional will provide key market insights, sound advice and save you endless hours of time and money - all while helping you reduce the stress of finding a right home.
Top 5 Reasons Why Most Renters Choose to Work with a Real Estate Professional
1. It’s free. In almost all cases, commission is paid by the landlord so having an agent working for you is essentially free.
2. Avoid overpaying for a rental. If you’re like most renters, you want to know, with certainty, that you are paying a fair price. Quite often, landlords overprice their homes to “see what happens.” A great real estate professional will educate you on the price of current competitive properties as well as similar homes that have been recently rented to help you make an informed decision on how much to offer for your dream home.
3. Represent and protect your interests as a tenant. In any transaction, it’s important to understand that the landlords’s agent is bound by contract to work in the best interests of his/her client. As a tenant, you also need representation (an agent), someone to work exclusively in your best interests. Engaging the services of a real estate professional to assist you in the home renting process means you now have someone to work solely in your best interests to provide you with:
4. NEGOTIATE the best price and terms of your most valuable asset. Negotiating requires expertise and skill, period. A great real estate professional is a masterful communicator with expert negotiating skills who’s job is to help you decide what to offer, what to include, what to give up and most importantly, when to walk away if reasonable terms cannot be reached.
5. Manage the countless details and mountainous paperwork. Ensuring the i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed and that no balls are dropped from start to finish (and after) is a heavy load off any renter’s plate. From the moment of engagement, your agent will ensure smooth sailing and guide you effortlessly through any obstacles along the way.
We'd be happy to guide you through your home renting process. Our team of professional realtors has experience in helping you to define your goals and professional expertise to close the deal on the best conditions for you. How many bedrooms do you need - 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms, 3 bedrooms or more? How many parking spots? There is dozens of questions to answer before the search process begins. You can fill out the Contact form HERE and we will help you find your dream condo or a house.
Chestnut Park Real Estate